W Properties was started by the owner and acquisitions manager Tyler Weinrich. What began as a side-gig in addition to a 9-5 working as a Software Product Manager ballooned into a full-fledged business of investing in real estate by buying, fixing up, and selling houses. Since going full-time we’ve bought and sold quite a few homes but are always looking for more.
The purpose of W Properties is pillared in two of our main goals:
1. Make selling your home to us easy and honest – Selling a house is often a long and complex process. We make it as easy as possible though, here’s how:
- 1-page contracts with easy-to-understand terms
- Paying all closing costs
- Allowing you to sell without making repairs/updates OR even cleaning a thing
- Helping with moving costs OR giving occupants extra time after closing to relocate if needed
- Close at a local title company in 7-30 days on a day of your choosing
2. Leave any area better than how we found it – This shines through in any houses we rehab and the customers we interact with. When we keep houses as rentals, we make sure any family that moves in would be proud to live there. We don’t run slum-houses for cheap rents. We don’t skip on the rehab work to make more money. Also, if we can’t buy your house(s) for some reason, we make sure to help you figure out your options regardless.
Below are a few of the questions we get commonly asked by folks….
What do you do with houses you buy?
Some of them we fix up and sell or rent. In some cases a house might need to be torn down to rebuild a new one. Sometimes we act alone in purchasing a house and other times we partner with investors who bring in money, manage rehabs, or buy houses from us.
Is this a real business?
About as real as it gets. We pay taxes, spend money on marketing (you might have seen our letters in the mail), and stress over profits/expenses like any business does.
How does it work when someone sells a house to W Properties?
Below are the steps usually involved when we purchase a house assuming no surprises pop up….
- Introduction – We talk on the phone to get more info on the house, your goals, and schedule a time to go see your house.
- House walkthrough – We swing by and take a look at the house to get some pictures and notes. This allows us to estimate repairs and how much we can offer you.
- Discuss offer – We give you a call, e-mail, or meet you in person to discuss the offer.
- Sign a purchase contract – Assuming we agree on a price and terms, we sign a contract to put everything in writing.
- Due diligence – We always ask for a short period of time to double-check our repairs and your house for things we missed. It gets expensive REALLY quickly when you miss things in real estate. We might bring contractors or partners by during this time as well for second opinions.
- Closing – We meet on the day of your choosing at a local title company where we both sign the final paperwork and you get a check for the price we agreed on!
I know someone that wants to sell, will you pay me for finding them?
YES! Well, as long as we end up BUYING their house, we’ll pay you at closing. We typically pay at least $500 but up to a few thousand. If you know of someone that wants to or should talk with us about selling their house, please give us a call/text with their information. Or, you can always share our number with them. We keep track of the people that refer houses to us and should we end up buying those houses, we pay cash for those referrals at closing on the house.