Are you looking for information on selling your house in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma before relocating to a different area? It can be a stressful process when you need to sell your house as quickly as possible and manage a move. Moving to a new location is a big step on its own. You’ve researched the area, perhaps secured new employment, and you have everything ready, except that you’re not sure where or when to start in selling your home.
In this post, we will take a look at a few ways to find buyers, show your house to hopefully potential buyers, give you tips on how to connect to the right people to close the deal, and suggest ways to ensure that the transition is a smooth one.
Sell Your House When Relocating in Oklahoma City: How to Find Potential Buyers
First, before you can begin with selling your Oklahoma City home, you have to find interested buyers. It is important to know how to connect with the people who will be the most interested in purchasing your home to increase the chances of it selling. Some of the ways to connect to the right home buyers are listed below:
- Look at the real estate ads in Craigslist. A lot of times, people looking to buy homes will post in the wanted section of Craigslist. It’s worth a quick look to see if you can find any potential buyers.
- Ask a few real estate agents. Usually real estate agents always have buyers looking for a home. If you give them a small commission when the house sells, they can show your home to all of the buyers looking at a home similar to yours.
- Check social media and real estate sites. Social media has become a mecca for sharing deals and ideas for shopping, from clothing to cars to houses. You may be able to tap into your market simply by posting a picture of your house for sale on social media and seeing if you get any bites.
How to Show Your House to Potential Buyers
Before you invite a potential buyer over to see your house in Oklahoma City, make 100% sure your house looks its best. Buyers can get turned off pretty easily but any defects or even uncleanliness or odd smells. Here are a few suggestions to make sure you show your house in the best possible light:
1. Do some heavy duty cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming – this will bring a new shine to your home
2. Detach from “stuff” such as family photographs, personal items, and individual things that define your home as yours.
3. Avoid distracting clutter. When you are cleaning your house, make sure you clear it of any distracting clutter that can draw the visitor’s eye from the focus of the room. The room should be the focus, not the knick knacks that you have lying around the floor.
Don’t Assume It’s a Done Deal
When working with buyers that like your home it is easy to assume they are ready to close the deal. But in reality, the deal is never really closed until the person signs a contract or hands you a check. Being too eager to get a buyer under contract might scare them off or make you seem desperate causing them to offer you less.
Answer Prospective Buyer’s Objections
One of the mistakes that sales people often make is that they fail to answer objections to the customer’s satisfaction. A buyer might have worries or concerns about buying your home they won’t come out and tell you. If they seem interested, ask them if they have any questions or worries about your home. Better to get their objections out in the open then let them worry about it or avoid making an offer.
If you decide you need help selling your house quickly when you are relocating, give us a call at (405) 673-4901. We may be able to offer you some suggestions that you need to close that deal.
We can make it easier for you to sell your house when relocating in Oklahoma.