How to find a probate real estate agent in Oklahoma
If you are in charge of the estate of a family member that recently passed and are interested in selling any real estate involved in the estate, you should know your options before making a decision. Before we discuss the options, let’s get one thing straight: Selling your house through a real estate agent is NOT the only option you have. Most folks only know of one way to sell a house: hire a real estate agent. The questions you have to ask yourself are…..are you prepared to pay the mortgage/taxes/insurance/utilities for a few months? Do you have extra time/money to clean the house out and make any necessary repairs/updates?
Wondering how to find a probate real estate agent in Oklahoma? Curious what your options are when selling real estate involved in probate? We have answers for both of those questions. First….
How to find a probate real estate agent in Oklahoma
To find a good probate real estate agent in Oklahoma, you need to do some due diligence and interview at least 3 of them. Selling a home in probate is a little different than selling just any old house. Hiring the wrong agent can cause your house to sit on the market for months. Here are a few things to look out for or ask about when interviewing probate real estate agents:
- Do they understand the probate process? The last thing you want is to hire someone that doesn’t understand what you are going through.
- If the home needs repairs/updates, can the agent provide insight into the cost/benefit of making those repairs/updates? They should be able to show you houses that have sold in your area in the same, worse, and better condition. This will give you the information needed to decide if you should sell it as-is, need to paint and replace flooring, or completely remodel the home before selling.
- Hiring the “highest bidder” – sometimes we see folks hire the agent that promises to sell their home for the most money. The price your home sells for is determined by the market and what a willing buyer will pay. You should price your home based off the current market conditions and condition of the home. We’d all love to sell our house for the most money but sometimes you can overprice a home and it will sit on the market for months….and months….and months. A good agent will warn you about overpricing.
Now that you know some tips on how to interview and hire the right real estate agent, you can go get started! If you would like a referral on a quality, local agent that we would use to sell our own home…just call/text us at 405-673-4901.
***Before you go hiring the next agent you talk with…..we want to be honest with you and tell you that you don’t NEED to hire a real estate agent to sell real estate involved in probate.
There is another way….
The Other Way to Sell Probate Real Estate
Maybe you shouldn’t ask yourself, “How to find a probate real estate agent in Oklahoma?” but “Do I even need a real estate agent?”. W Properties is a company that BUYS houses which we then remodel and flip or hold onto as rental properties. If hiring an agent, making repairs to the home, and waiting months for it to sell doesn’t sound like the option for you, please read on.
To be upfront, if your house is in great condition, updated within last 5 years to today’s styles, and has solid foundation/roof/electrical/plumbing/HVAC, or built within the last 10 years, you will probably want to hire an agent to sell it on the open market. Houses that don’t have any issues wrong with them (outdated look, repair issues, etc.) are easier to find buyers and possible for those buyers to get financing to purchase the home. That being said, we’ve bought plenty of houses in EXCELLENT condition from people that just didn’t want to mess with the hassles of selling a house through an agent. We get it. That’s why W Properties exist…to give you the option of an easier way to sell a home.
Now, if your house needs repairs and updating OR you want to sell immediately OR you don’t want to worry about cleaning the place up and making repairs….then you should consider a cash offer from us to buy the house as-is. Here is what an offer to buy your house looks like:
- We pay all the closing costs – normally you pay some closing costs when you sell a house and often times the buyer will request you pay some of their closing costs. This can cost up to thousands of dollars. We pay ALL closing costs when we buy homes
- No cleaning or repairs – You don’t have to repair a single thing. You also don’t have to clean the property. This means you don’t have to remove any unwanted items and make the house look all clean and pretty. You can leave behind anything you don’t sell in an estate sale or want to keep.
- Guaranteed closing on date of your choice – one of the problems with selling a house to a typical buyer is often worrying the buyer’s financing will fall through or they will back out. When we make an offer on a house, we stick to it. Even if you are months out from needing to sell, we can have a purchase agreement in place today and have title work done so when the time comes, you can close quickly and easily.
As you can see we make it pretty easy to sell a house in probate. It’s basically as easy as agreeing to a price and telling us when you’d like to close. Since we deal with a lot of houses in probate, we know that cleaning out a home of a loved one is not always an easy job. That’s why we don’t require you to clean or repair anything and allow you to leave behind unwanted items.
Hopefully this article has helped you find an answer to the question of how to find a probate real estate agent in Oklahoma? Whether you want to sell a house in great shape or remodel and sell the house yourself, call/text us today at 405-673-4901 and we’ll make you an offer to BUY it.
If you would prefer to hire an agent and go the normal route, we’d be happy to refer you to some skilled local agents that understand the probate process who can help you.
If you’d like to talk about a house in probate that you are in charge of, please call or text us at 405-673-4901. You can also just fill out the form below to give us some information on the property and we’ll contact you within 24 hours.