How To Stay In a Home After Foreclosure In Oklahoma
**Disclaimer** Not all these options are available to everyone. It depends on your situation and the bank that is foreclosing on you. You’ll need some expert advice (like ours!) to help you get through this if you want to stay in your home though.
If you are asking yourself, “How to stay in my home after foreclosure in Oklahoma??”…..here are a few tips that might help. As always, you can just call or text us at 405-673-4901 if you have any questions. We deal with houses in foreclosure all the time.
Tips on how to stay in your home during or after foreclosure:
1) Wait it out as long as you can. Honestly, this is a pretty bad option, but still an option. You definitely shouldn’t immediately run away and abandon your house when you get notice that the bank is foreclosing. However, you also can’t just wait it out in your house and do nothing. Remember that the foreclosure process takes months and sometimes years. It’s not over until it’s over, so don’t give up too early. On the other hand, don’t wait until the sheriff bangs on your door to evict you and change the locks before you start moving or trying to find a solution.
2) Go to court and fight. In very rare cases, judges are granting stays and delaying evictions. This is really only a valid option if you (and your attorneys) can prove that the bank has neglected a legal requirement during the foreclosure process. During the past few years, a lot of fraudulent behavior at banks has been uncovered. Fighting banks with lawyers is very difficult, expensive and time-consuming, even if you’ve got a perfect case.
3) Sell your house and rent it back from us – We can buy your house, stop foreclosure, and then you can rent it back from us. This doesn’t work in all cases but might be an option for you.
4) Rent it back from the bank. It may sound crazy, but some banks are willing to take on previous homeowners as tenants in their property. That’s only a short-term fix, as they’ll want your agreement to vacate the premises as soon as they find someone to purchase the property.
5) Get a loan modification – This is a common and useful option. Sometimes the bank will agree to give you a second chance to pay the loan and get back on track. They will renegotiate the payments and terms of your loan and give you one last shot. You get to keep your home but don’t miss payments again or foreclosure will come a lot faster. Generally they roll in all the missed payments into one loan and start you over on payments.
If you are wondering how to stay in my home after foreclosure in Oklahoma, hopefully this article helps. To be honest, it is hard to stay in your home when you are facing foreclosure. Most solutions are only short-term. The easiest thing to do is work with a company like ours to BUY your house, stop foreclosure, and find you a house to rent for a while with some cash in your pocket.
We can’t help everyone, but we might be able to help you. The only way to know is to call us and tell us about your situation. Call or text us at 405-673-4901.
Give us a call anytime at (405) 673-4901 or fill out the form below:
Ready to sell your house the EASY way?The EASY way to sell a house is.....You get paid exactly the price we agree on. You pay $0 in repairs, $0 in closing costs, $0 in commissions. No cleaning/repairs required. Close and get paid on date of your choice
Fill out the form below and tell us about your property to get an offer today!