I’m relocating and need to sell my house!! Help!
Relocation is a complicated matter when it comes to selling your existing home and finding a new one. Have kids too? We feel your pain. We get folks relocating calling us every week saying “I’m relocating this month and NEED to sell my house in Oklahoma City“. This is where W Properties can help. Buying houses is our business. If you want to sell your house quickly and without all the normal BS or fees, we are your company.
There’s always risk in trying to sell a home. What if the buyer’s financing falls through? What if they ask for too many crazy repairs? Can you make the mortgage payment if the house doesn’t sell for 6 months? Add to that normal stress of selling your house the complications of relocating out of state or far away and you have a difficult situation….
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
Nobody wants to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. Owning two homes can get expensive very quickly. If you are saying to yourself, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house NOW”, don’t stress. Take a deep breath and get organized.
Although the housing market is relatively stable right now in Oklahoma City, this can change in the blink of an eye. Houses that were selling in weeks now take months. Prices can drop or increase 10% in a few months. Interest rates can increase shifting the amount of qualified buyers that can purchase your home. As you already know there are a lot of factors.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your house fast? Don’t agonize, organize. Get all the information you need BEFORE you end up in a pickle. We’ve outlined some steps to take below that can help you have a smooth relocation.
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Oklahoma City… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: Give us a call and we can come take a look at your house to see what it may be worth. You’ll need to think through what your ultimate goal here is as well. Are you trying to squeeze every penny of equity out of your home? Or, are you ok with selling for a little less if you could close in 2-3 weeks guaranteed? Either way, when we come see your house, we’ll evaluate its condition, updates, and any repairs that need to be made to arrive at a price we could pay.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. We’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc. If you can’t afford to wait, selling to an investment company like ours is your best option. If you can afford to wait, we’ll connect you with the same real estate agent we use to sell our own remodeled homes.
- Evaluate the option of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc.Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses.If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! We can connect you with the best in town, the same we’d use on our own homes. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In some cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is W Properties And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Oklahoma City?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Oklahoma City home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Oklahoma City community.
We’re honest and straightforward but don’t take our word for it. See what people have to say about us here or read this kind words from one family:
I needed to sell my house quickly and without making repairs first. I contacted W Properties, and within days we met and agreed to a fair price……Tyler set up the closing with the title company and the deal was done. The whole process was simple and painless. I would recommend calling W Properties, especially if you are looking for someone local that is trustworthy.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Oklahoma City real estate, so please feel free to call us at (405) 673-4901 and chat with us anytime.