Selling a house WITHOUT probate in Oklahoma
So a loved one or family member passed away and you are now in charge of a house they owned…. This can go one of a couple ways. As a locally owned com-company that BUYS houses, we’ve bought many, many homes after probate and even without probate. If you are curious about selling a house WITHOUT probate in Oklahoma, we can help. This can’t be done with every house though….
When someone passes away, probate is the legal process you have to go through to pay off their debts and transfer any assets they deceased had like cars, houses, and bank accounts. If you need to sell a house, probate isn’t always required though. There is ONE thing you need to look for to know if you can sell a house without probate in Oklahoma….
You can always simply call us (405-673-4901) if you have questions about your specific situation or house, we’d be happy to help for free OR just read below for more information…
The one thing to look for when selling a house without probate in Oklahoma
The one thing to look for is the type of ownership the property is held in. Below are a couple examples of what you want to see if you want to avoid probate when selling a house:
- Joint tenancy – In this case 2 or more people own a property equally. Usually a husband and wife, John & Jane Doe, each own 50% of a house. When one dies, it is very easy to remove their name from the title. You just file a form with the county proving that one of the owners died. Then, the remaining owner can do whatever they want. The catch here is that if it does NOT say on the title that 2 or more people own the home with “rights of survivorship”…then you will have to go through probate. Without “rights of survivorship” you can’t remove a deceased person’s name unless you go through probate.
- Trust owned property – If a property is in a trust, it is possible to sell a house without probate. The trust has its own rules dictating who has control over anything owned by the trust. The trust documents, if written by the right attorney, often have rules if the trust owner dies and who takes his/her place.
- LLC or business owned property – If property is held in a company name and the owner of the company dies, you might be able to sell a house without probate. It depends on how the company is structured. When a company is formed it is created with rules in place which say who the owner is and what happens when that person dies in some cases.
What is the most common case?
Selling a house without probate in Oklahoma is something we have been through many times. The most common case we see is JOINT TENANCY. It is often the case a husband and wife or two or more family members own a house together under joint tenancy with rights of survivorship. If this is you….then you are in luck. We can help you sell a house without probate very easily. If you don’t have rights of survivorship, then you have to go through probate. In all honesty, probate isn’t that terrible, it just takes time and money. Fortunately, we know some very good and reasonably priced attorneys in OKC to handle this.
How can WE help YOU sell a house without going though probate?
W Properties is a local, BBB accredited company that buys houses in Oklahoma City. We buy houses in any shape, any where. We make selling a house E A S Y. Whether it is a house you want to sell without probate, during probate, or just a house that doesn’t have anything to do with probate…we can help.
Here is why selling a house to our company is so easy:
- You pay no closing costs or real estate agent commissions – the dollar amount we agree on is the dollar amount you get at closing
- You don’t have to clean or repair anything – got a bunch of junk in the house? Leave it. Having issues with the AC? Forget it. Take what you want, leave what you don’t.
- Close and get paid on your schedule – we can close as quick as 2 weeks or longer if you need. If you need to wait longer, we can get everything in writing and ready to close as soon as you give the green light.
- 1 page, attorney-reviewed contracts – if it can’t fit on one page, what is hiding in all those words? Also, our contracts have been used to buy LOTS of houses in probate and been approved by attorneys and judges.
- Connections with local attorneys if probate is required – If you cannot sell your house without going through probate, don’t worry. We know a lot of local attorneys that don’t charge much and can push a house through probate very quickly.